Thursday, December 15, 2005

Fire from the sky


Winter in the Northwest isn't nearly as dreary and rainly as people make out. The recent cold spell has actually made for some spectacular sunrise and sunsets. This morning as I was making coffee the kitchen suddenly filled with light. It was as if someone flipped on all the lights and it startled me from my comatose half-awake state.

I looked outside and the sky seemed to be catching fire, as if God had struck a giant match just over the Cascades. I grabbed a camera and quickly ran up to the bedroom to take some pictures, because the spectacular colors don't last very long. A minute after this picture was taken, the sky turned violet and then settled into the bright blue of another winter morning. Man, a sight like that makes it really easy to get energized for the day.

No comments: