Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Reasons to visit the Blogsphere - #84

I am an observer by nature. Many times at parties I'm perfectly content to sit amongst a group of interesting folks and just listen to them espouse their views. The world of blogs has opened up many thousands of these conversations for my voyeuristic enjoyment. I can happily and unintrusively "listen in" on conversations between people, and even participate if I so choose.

Just like in the real world, cyber conversations range from the trivial and moronic to the cosmic and philosophical. The great thing is that both acquaintances and complete strangers can share opinions and learn about each other, and you don't have to be in the same physical place. Nor do the conversations need to take place in real time. Best of all, for someone like me, I can be in on these exchanges as they happen or even after they happen. It's like little bits of people's minds floating in the digital galaxies that I can examine any time I want. It's the combination of a time machine, a mind reader, and a cosmic telephone.

One of the more interesting blogs I've come upon is Stella Nole. The posts are not always significant or deep (and not that they have to be mind you) - often it's just about a daily event. What I admire about Stella's writing is its honesty and intention to offer full exposure of her thoughts and feelings. Her writing is often funny, entertaining, and very much "in-the-moment." I'm also jealous of the relationship she has with her cadre of readers, who respond frequently and with like honesty in dialogue. An example is a recent entry about a topic which I'm sure we've all struggled with.

I've enjoyed listening in for the past few months, even though I don't really know Stella or any of the people who frequent her blog. Her willingness to share her mind, heart and soul makes me feel as if I know her. Stay well, Stella, and stay in touch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i am flattered by your post. and so glad you have been enjoying my blog.

thank you for the kind words!

Anonymous said...

Stella is the shit!