Monday, February 27, 2006

Looking forward to Beijing 2008


Courtesy of Getty Images

Sadly I watched the close of the Torino Games last night. Don't know why but the end of any Olympics (or other sporting culmination) always brings out the nostalgic side of me. Maybe it's just the cathartic release of spectator tension and adrenaline.

I've always been this way. I love the drama of sport: the intensity, the oscillation of emotions, the developing storylines of individual players, the pressure of winning and losing. Sport is my theater, and the Olympic Games are the top of the Broadway heap. [Sigh] Two more years to the Beijing Olympics. I'm really looking forward to the 2008 games because I recently watched a show on the Discovery Channel about the construction of the new olympic venues. They look amazing. I recorded part of the show on my DVR but forgot to save it so it got bumped when new programs were recorded. Anyone happen to have a copy of that show?

No comments: