Friday, June 03, 2005

And he corners like a dream!

I have to admit that I'm secretly addicted to Robin's blog. Robin is a former co-worker who has moved on to bigger and better things. While she was in the land of Borange (as she calls it), Robin was one of those people who you could just tell wasn't concerned about faking it. Let me explain -- you know how for most of us, there's the work you, and there's the non-work you. Robin doesn't suffer from that corporate multiple personality disorder that most of us do...and in the land of Borange, it was pretty refreshing.

Anyhoo, Robin's been dating, as single folk in Seattle in their 30's tend to do, and she's been describing her adventures in her blog. The freakiest thing was when she went on a Steve streak - I believe she dated 5 different Steves in a few months! So over the course of the past few months I'd dive in and read all about S1, S2, S3, S4 and S5. The abbreviations always make me think of them as cars:

S3 - gets great mileage, but doesn't come with power windows
S1 - awesome braking power, but stalls on hills
S5 - good acceleration off the line, but has a tendency to pull to the left

Dating...it's like being in a foreign country. A foreign country I haven't been to in a looooong time. Helen and I have been together for like 12 years. WOW! 12 years! And almost all of our friends have been married for awhile, most have kids, and some are even divorced. Ah well, I'll just keep tuning in and root for Robin in her quest.

No comments: