Saturday, June 18, 2005

Damn you Drinkslinger!

Uh oh...I'm officially in trouble. I'm at work one day last week and Megan, who sits in the next cube over, tells me she loved the picture of Jack on the blog. I smile and thank her and wonder, "how the hell...?" I didn't tell her about this blog, and I'm still in the prototyping phase before distributing to a wider group of friends and near friends. I've only told 4 people about this thing. Then I realize that she must have found it through Robin's blog.

NOW, I get an email from Drew - ex-Boranger, blogger nonpareil, independent non-profit music critic, tequila connoisseur, currently living it up in sunny SD.

"C'mon Dave, you can't stop now..."

Oh my gawd, now I have to actually lead an interesting life, or make one up. Not that I don't enjoy my life, but I'm not the kind of guy who people call "Wildman". I'm lucky if I can make it through a day without someone calling me "sir". And lately my life's been work, get home, play with the dog, have some dinner, sort through mail, do some more work, have a beer, go to bed. C'mon, people don't want to read about that - sheesh, I don't want to read about that! But now I'm going to have to get a little creative...oh the pressure...

Damn you Drinkslinger!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahhahah. I'm averaging about 300 hits a day, now, if i could figure out how to make a living out of it.........don't stop now, we're all in this together!

Drewje said...

Robin's brand of crazy sells pretty well in the blogosphere. If you could post robinesque rants twice a day, you'd really have something.