Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Is this the best we can do?

Bill Wixey of Channel 13 is trying to coin a catchphrase for the Seahawks' playoff run -- Git Er Done.

Must admit it's catchy - I've been using or misusing it all day. It rolls off the tongue with a certain silly nonchalance, and I find myself being able to slip it into all sorts of situations. Try it out for yourself - say it a few times while you're watching the tube, or tucking your kids into bed. It goes well when you're asking for a check from the waitress.

I thought we had a winner, but I looked up the phrase on the Urban Dictionary, and I'm thinking maybe we could do better. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No phrase from Comedy Central's Redneck Television series belongs in the vernacular of anyone with more than a third grade education. Remove this phrase, entirely, from your vocabulary. If anyone you know uses it, wash their mouth out with soap and never speak to them again.

Make it so. For the 'hawks.